Marble is a natural product, so it needs to be treated with care. Your Ethnicraft marble furniture is finished with an Akemi Oil protection. This is a transparent layer that does not affect the look of the polished marble.
However, it is important to know that direct contact with abrasive/high acidity products, even natural (lemons, wine, …), should be avoided. Due to the porous nature of marble, remove spills immediately as this could cause permanent stains.
For regular dusting, use a dry cloth. For cleaning or in case of a spill, use a damp cloth and natural soap. Do not use soap containing detergent or other chemicals. Dry with a soft clean cloth to prevent spotting.
Tips & Tricks
- All Ethnicraft products are intended for indoor use only.
- Recommended humidity in the room: between 40% and 60%.
- Ideal room temperature: 21°C during the day, not below 14°C at night.
- To prevent colour differences: do not place your furniture in direct sunlight, move objects placed on the furniture from time to time and open your extendable table on a regular basis.
- Avoid exposure to extreme conditions: do not place furniture near heating sources or air-conditioned spaces.
- To prevent staining, we recommend that any spills be removed immediately.
- When cleaning the surface, always work in the direction of the wood grain.
- Use place mats to prevent hot pots and pans, or cold glasses and bottles, from leaving marks on the furniture.
- Do not drag the furniture along the floor, always lift the furniture
- Always ensure water and solutions used to clean the floor do not come in contact with the furniture's base, as it might leave permanent marks.